OtterTraveler

OtterTraveler
Book your travel now...

Monday, February 6, 2012

Becoming healthy

I know it doesn't come this easy for everyone, but for me eating healthy and changing my diet to fast and cleans my system came easy this year. I say this year because over the years it has gotten easy. Last year was hard and the year before that was even harder. But this year not only did I take on a 21 day fast but I chose to go further and commit myself to 40 days of vegan living. Every day is a challenge don't get me wrong but compared to last year, this year feels like I am doing something natural. I recently started questioning if I was going to go back to my everyday diet at all. I don't know that I could be vegan forever but being vegan for this long has given me a new out look on how I eat food and what food I eat, and feed my family. I no longer feel good feeding my children some of the things that have been staples of their diets for most of their lives. That macaroni and cheese that I have been letting them eat for years suddenly looks like a list of processed ingredients that I can not pronounce and certainly don't have any idea what they are. I think from now on when I make macaroni and cheese I am going to make it from scratch.
As the fast has ended for most of you out there who followed it and you move back in to your normal every day lives I urge you to think about what is in that food you have in your hand. Do you really want that in your body? We are what we eat... and that is not just a saying we really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment