OtterTraveler

OtterTraveler
Book your travel now...

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

20 Laws of Extraordinary Success - part 2

Law 6
Dreams without clearly defined goals, and goals without clearly defined steps, will rarely be achieved at all.

-Even though we may have big goals and dreams if we do not map out the small steps to get there it will never happen. As I work with youth I have to continually remind them that if they want to be a rapper, they may want to learn how to write poetry and do well in there English classes now because much of rap is lyrical poetry. It is so easy to get off track if we neglect to put one foot in front of the other and keep or eyes forward toward out goal.

Law 7
No one has ever achieved extraordinary success without "Shooting for the Stars".

-We can only expect to achieve things within the limitations that we place on ourselves. If we neglect to think as big as possible we only limit ourselves. I know personally I have some lofty dreams, but it is precisely those dreams that propel me forward to achieve more and love my life.

Law 8
"Lack of know-how" only appears to be an insurmountable obstacle. For Super Achievers, it serves as a springboard to extraordinary achievement.

-I have always found it amazing that many of the truly successful people in the past have had little quantifiable education. They have spent their lives becoming experts in what they know best and where they find that their true passions lie. This is not to say that formal education is unimportant, however I have seen more people better equipped for success because of their struggles than those reading about it from a book. I believe it is because that the perceived "lack of know-how" propels us to be excellent in all that we do.

Law 9
Super Achievers use all the leverage possible to remove the limits of limited resources.

-If we find that we have limited resources we must remember that we have an unlimited supply in the universe. We just need to find the right people to help us. I was just reading a book and in it the author reminded me that finding funding and support for a project is really a matter of numbers because there will always be people just waiting to buy into your vision, you just have to find them.

Law 10
Every extraordinary out impossible dream ever achieved has been achieved through partnering.

-We must remember that we are communal beings. We live in community and always need other people. Not one of us can walk the road alone. We need the feedback, challenges, and support that other people provide if we are to make it in any endeavor in life. The sooner we come to realize this truth the more happy and fulfilled lives we will live.

We are now halfway through the Laws of Extraordinary Success, I hope you are finding some wisdom from these truths. I know they have helped me focus my thoughts and become a more successful person. Look for part 3 coming early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment