OtterTraveler

OtterTraveler
Book your travel now...

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Unleashing the Power Within Chicago 2015 part 1

I have been reading and listening to Tony Robbins for the last 10 years. I first saw his infomercials on late night tv and completely thought he was BULLSHIT. I really believed his programs were just a scheme. As I started getting into personal development and learning more about myself I couldn't avoid all that Tony was doing. I found his book Awaken the Giant Within at the library and decided to read it. I previously read Jack Canfield's book The Success Principles and it completely changed my life. Tony's book continued to further my transformation. I then get all his audio and began listening. All my frineds started to hate me because I was telling them all the things that I was learning from Tony and they were not ready to make a change in their lives. So for years I was wanting to go to a live event. It just happened that at tax time this year there was a special deal for a buy one get one ticket. So even though Gina was skeptical she was excited and wanted to go. We really had no idea what was in store for us.

Wednesday July 15th and Thursday July 16th

We left Cincinnati after she got off work around 9pm and drove through the night to arrive at the Convention Center around 2am. We didn't have a hotel room that night so we decided to sleep in the car in the Covention Center parking lot. I got a few hours of sleep myself, but we were still up early because I was determined to be the first one in line. I was.

At 6am I was in line and ready to rock. We got registered at 8am and started the beginning of the process. We wrote on a paper our worst fears and then went out to the fire, that we would be walking on later in the evening, and burned those fears.

We then waited at the doors, where I was first in line, until then opened at 10am. The first thing we did when we got to our seats was start dancing. They cranked up the music and we danced until Tony was introduced and brought on stage. What we didn't realize was that this was complete and total immersion. Tony immediately let us know that we were there not to change ourselves, but to rediscover our true selves. The person that we had forgotten over the years and who has been covered by the BULLSHIT that we buy into or the fears that we create. He also let us know that no matter what it was we could have freedom from these things. We learned so many things about why people fail and why they are afraid. The two deepest fears, to be not enough and not be loved are at the root of everything. We also learned and practiced through the rest of the weekend how to change your physiology, focus, and language to completely free yourselves from your fears. We then discussed the 6 Human Needs: Certanity, Uncertainty, Significance, Coonection/Love, Growth, and Contribution. We then spent much of the night working on changing our states and feeling that change in the core of our being. We practiced changing our state in an instant.

It all worked up to the end of the night around 2am when we walked the fire. It was an amazing metaphor for never allowing anything to stop us. I was in such a state, I felt so primal that I felt unstoppable. I never felt the heat or was burned eventhough the coals we walked on were 1200 degrees. We then drove to our hotel after an evening unequaled passion, energy, and transformation and got a few hours of sleep before we had to be back at 7am.

Stay tuned for more, too much good stuff for one post.

#WarriorVacations www.WarriorVacations.com #CostaRica #Beachbody #Shakeology #UPWChicago2015 #Lifechanging #RediscoverYou #Letitout

No comments:

Post a Comment