OtterTraveler

OtterTraveler
Book your travel now...

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Run Slower, Get Faster

When I went to UPW Chicago and saw Tony Robbins he exposed us to the teachings of Stu Mittleman and Dr. Phil Maffetone. At first I wasn't really that interested in changing my diet and fitness routine because I was already vegan, a competitive athlete, in great shape, and killing my workouts. Then I ran my 12hr Hurricane Heat with Spartan Race and completely ran out of gas and was depleted. So I decided to look into this idea of Slow Burn training. I went out and bought Stu's book Slow Burn and Dr. Maffetone's books The Maffetone Method and The Endurance Handbook. So I am currently in full fat burning mode and working on lowering the intensity in my workouts so I can continue to build my aerobic base and become 10x the athlete I am currently. This often runs counter to the idea that you should destroy yourself every workout to get better (just as long as you don't get injured). I still have about 5 1/2 months before I really see the maximum results, but I am already down 10lbs and been running faster and a little further. I will keep you updated on my progress. If you want to see the results and the story on my hurricane heat pick up Vegan Health and Fitness magazine, I'm currently writing the article about it for them.

Run Slower, Get Faster

#WarriorVacations www.WarriorVacations.com #CostaRica #Beachbody #Shakeology #Exercise #Fitness #SlowBurn #StuMittleman #PhilMaffetone

No comments:

Post a Comment