OtterTraveler

OtterTraveler
Book your travel now...

Monday, October 6, 2014

Beginner's Guide to Finishing a Spartan Race Sprint

As you can see by the picture I just finished my Super Spartan last sat in Ohio. It was an amazing time and I am so excited to complete my trifecta at 10/25/14 in South Carolina. The Ohio race was by far the toughest race I have ever competed in. There was cold temperatures (low 40s), rain, sleet, hail, wind, and the occasional sunshine. The course itself was difficult and long, but the hardest part were the water obstacles. Those combined with the cold were absolutely brutal. The course itself was listed at 10.5 but was closer to 12 miles in length. Even though the race was so tough there are some amazing things about Spartan Race that are life changing.

Number one: it will show you who you really are. It is a complete assault on the senses, not just physically. It will completely spend all your reserves and reveal the person you really are. This is awesome because we all need to be stripped bare and see what is underneath all the facade that we keep up for others.

Number two: you will learn true comradery. This is not a race that you run alone. We all learn how to support one another and keep pushing forward no matter how difficult it gets. We help each other through the obstacles and encourage each other to finish. I would not have finished if it wasn't for my fellow Midwest Vikings.

Number three: you will see things that will change your perspective on life. On this course I had the pleasure of helping a paraplegic man running with team Dirtbags. The fact that their team had committed to helping him through the course no matter what just proved to me the inner strength of some people to never quit no matter what. I helped carry his stretcher through the mud and then I spent the next mile or so with tears in my eyes thinking about the struggles he was overcoming and the beauty of truth that we are truly limitless.

No matter the difficulty, no matter the distance, no matter the weather I will continue to run because the experience enriches my life and I love it. I cannot wait for the next race. If you are going to be there in Carolina I will be running the beast with the Midwest Vikings. I look forward to seeing you on the field of battle. I will suffer along with you and support you when needed. Look forward to seeing you there.

Beginner's Guide to Finishing a Spartan Race Sprint

#WarriorVacations www.WarriorVacations.com #CostaRica #Fitness #SpartanRace

No comments:

Post a Comment