OtterTraveler

OtterTraveler
Book your travel now...

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

5 Meditation Tips for People Who Don’t (Yet) Like to Meditate

When I first started in yoga I was so afraid of our meditation classes. The whole idea of quieting my mind is terrifying to me. I have always struggled with it and because I am ADHD much of the noise I have in my life I need to function. Things tend to get scary when I am left alone in the silence. So when I found out that my favorite class in my Yoga Teacher Training was meditation I was pleasantly surprised. I also found out that meditation is not always just sitting in silence. I learned that we can meditate in many different ways and that even certain activities can be a form of meditation. The goal of meditation is to become one with the present, to let go and become fully present. Often many of us become fully present when we are doing what we love and that is just as much meditation for us as sitting in silence for hours on end. Here are some tips to get you started in your own meditation practice.

5 Meditation Tips for People Who Don't (Yet) Like to Meditate

#WarriorVacations http://bit.ly/Jn9H7X #CostaRica #Yoga #Meditation

No comments:

Post a Comment