OtterTraveler

OtterTraveler
Book your travel now...

Saturday, January 2, 2016

21 Days Cleanse 2016 - Join Me

It's that time of year. I will be beginning my annual 21 day cleanse. At the beginning of every year I attempt to reset my body and get rid of all those toxins that I have stored up over the last year. I also perform several mini cleanses through the the year. But this is the one month of the year that I try to stay as close as I can to my diet so I can start the year off on a clean slate. Every year I select a different program to follow. This is also initially how I became vegan. In previous years I have done 21 days of a raw diet, the Daniel Fast, the Vegan Kickstart Program, etc. This year I am planning on doing the Paleo Vegan diet.

I have been an endurance athlete the last few years and I have been struggling to make sure that I have enough nutrition to make it through some of my events. After some research I found out that it is very inefficient to carb load and to burn those sugars and carbs during endurance events. It is much better to become a fat burning engine. So I have been work to make myself a fat adaptive athlete. However, many of those fat adaptive athletes are not vegan. So I was on the search to find out how I can be a fat adaptive vegan athlete.

I found this great book called Paleo Vegan by Ellen Jaffe Jones. It is exactly what I was looking for to make a template for success in my path to be the best vegan endurace athlete that I can be. I will also be following the Slow Burn protocol from Stu Mittleman. This will have me exercising my body at an aerobic zone, so that I am constantly burning fat rather than sugar and carbs. I will mix that with strength training with weights and the Insanity Max: 30 program for my conditioning.

You are more than welcome to join me on this journey. I will be posting pics, recipes, and exercises here on my blog starting on Mon. If you have any other questions or need direction on finding resources please let me know. If you want to get the Insanity Max: 30 program let me know and I can help you with that too. Get ready to start you year off right and be in the best health you could possible be in. Follow along.

#WarriorVacations www.WarriorVacations.com #CostaRica #Beachbody #Shakeology #Nutrition #Healthy #21DayChallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment